Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cultivating Creativity

Here and now I want to lay down some goals as clearly as possible in hopes that this accountability will hold some weight.

This past weekend Sacha and I watched a movie together titled 'Step Up'. It wasn't a great movie but it did trigger some mind wandering (during the movie I'm afraid to say). However, because of that, I will never forget this movie. Also, reading LOTR's description of Rivendell and Lothlorien added to it.

The centre of the thought was to cultivate creativity in those I love. So, the first people to come to mind were my future family. It is my hope that my future home will not be one of these high-tech, top of the line, ADD traps where your mind isn't free to explore and get itself lost but instead held hostage by the constant need for entertainment and absence of thought. Instead I want to line every room with instruments to express and develop creativity. As an example, I don't want my kids coming home from a hard day at school to just sit down in front of the TV. Instead they could paint, dance, strum, build, etc. their frustrations out in a positive output of their energy. I've even thought of checking cell phones and PDAs at the door in hopes to provide freedom for my family and friends.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I look forward to the beautiful, creative artsy home we shall have and hope we can cultivate these into our lives right now. I like your thinking sweet husband(except for being bored in that great dancing movie...hmmm...)

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Here I am... Send me! said...

I like the thought... that's why we don't have a tv... kids need to be encouraged and challenged to think... Unfortunately I spent hours in front of my parents tv... but we can change that for our children!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home